AFCAT Notification 2021: Indian Air force has released its much-awaited AFCAT 01/2021 notification for flying branch and ground duty branches. If you had a dream in your eyes and wanted to join this elite airforce as a Group-A officer in a technical and non-technical branch, then submit your application whose last date is 30th Dec 2020 and 11th Jan 2021 (for women only). But before that, you need to know whether you are eligible for this AFCAT notification or not, and for that, you need to collect all the important information about AFCAT 2021 recruitment which is given below.
Note: Last date to submit online application for AFCAT 01/2021 has been extended till 11th Jan 2021 for women only.
AFCAT Notification 01/2021
Air force common admission test (AFCAT) is available for both men and women but they should have fulfilled the eligibility criteria. Applicants admission in all stages is provisional whether it is written or SSB and if at any stage it was found that you are not satisfying your eligibility criteria then you will be disqualified from the selection.
AFCAT 2021 eligibility criteria
Let’s have a look at the eligibility criteria for AFCAT 01/2021 recruitment.
Nationality: – Applicants must be a citizen of India.
Age criteria: –
|Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC special entry||20 to 24 years (as on 1st July 2021) |
Note: Born b/w 2nd July 1997 to 1st July 2001
|For ground duty (tech Non-tech Branch)||20 to 26 years (as on 1st July 2021) |
Note: Born b/w 2nd July 1995 to 1st July 2001)
Marital Status: –
- Applicants who are below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course.
- Widow and divorce below 25 years of age are also not eligible for the posts.
- Applicants above 25 years of age and married are eligible for the post.
Academic Qualification: –
|Flying branch||Intermediate with Math’s and physics securing 50% of marks in each. Must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university securing 60% marks|
BE/B. Tech degree securing 60% mark
must have cleared A & B exam associate membership of institution of engineers (India) or aeronautical society of India securing 60% marks.
|Ground Duty (Technical)||Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics/Mechanical) 10+2 (with math’s and physics 50% in each) and 4 year degree in engineering|
cleared section A & B of associate membership of Institution of Engineer or Aeronautical society of India or graduate membership exam of the institution of electronics and telecommunication engineers by actual studies securing minimum 60% marks.
AFCAT Examination scheme
Those who will submit their application within the due date will be called for the written examination at one of the examination centers which they choose while submitting the application form.
- Applicants opted for Ground Duty (technical) need to appear in both test (AFCAT and EKT).
- AFCAT exam will be conducted in online mode and questions will be of objective type.
- Under any circumstances, the scribe will not be allowed.
- The qualifying marks will be fixed by the Air force at their own discretion.
- AFCAT 01/2021 exam schedule will be available once its full notification will be available.
AFCAT Examination marking scheme
- 3 Mark for every correct answer
- 1 mark will be deducted for wrong attempt
- No marks will be awarded for unattempted questions.
AFCAT selection process
Qualify written exam
First, applicants have to go through the written examination which will be conducted on the scheduled date and those who will secure the minimum qualifying marks as fixed by the Air force have to appear at one of the AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) whose dates are required to choose by the applicant through air force official portal and after this they can generate their call letter for AFSB interview.
AFCAT AFSB stages
At AFSB candidates have to go through three stages which are given as: –
Stage I: – At this stage officer intelligence test, picture perception & discussion will be conducted and this is a screening test, and one who qualifies it will be called to appear for a subsequent round. After qualifying the Stage I applicants documents will be checked to ascertain their eligibility for the branch they are appearing for.
Stage II: – On day 1 of stage II psychological test will be conducted later on group test and interview will be commenced followed by document check.
For flying branch: – In this candidates recommended will be administered in computerized pilot selection system (CPSS). This one is once in a lifetime test and those who failed in an earlier attempts will not be eligible for this.
Final merit list
After qualifying AFSB test a merit list will be prepared on the grounds of marks secured by the applicant in written and AFSB test.
How to apply online for AFCAT 01/2021?
To submit AFCAT 01/2021 online application follow some steps which are given below:
- Visit the official website and under the candidates login select the AFCAT Cycle
- It will take you to the sign-up page where you have to submit your basic details
- After sign up, you have to login with your Email ID and password.
- and proceed to the application form.
- Submit all the details, and upload documents as required.
- and pay the requisite application fee as applicable.