Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021: The Scheme “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” is the initiation of the Ministry of minority affairs for the meritorious girl child who hails from minority communities. Earlier, it was known as the “Maulana Azad National Scholarship scheme“. The said scholarship was launched by the then late PM Atal Bihar Vajpayee way back in 2003. The motive of the scheme is to promote girl child of minorities community who fails to continue their studies due to lack of financial assistance.
The online registration for current year has been closed but if you want to know benefits, Eligibility, Documents required, Application Fee and more then read this article
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
One who eligible for the scheme will receive the scholarship which will be admissible in the expense of school or college fee payment, for purchasing books & stationery for the course, and boarding and lodging fare.
Overivew of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
|Scholarship issued by||Maulana Azad Education Foundation|
|Ministry department||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Beneficiary||The meritorious girl child of notified communities|
|Communities||Muslim, Parsis, Jains, Christians, Sikhs, and Buddhist|
|Benefits||Rs 5000/- (For 9th & 10th)|
Rs 6000/- (For 11th & 12th)
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship benefits
This scholarship comes with the following benefits:
- Class IX and Xth students will get: Rs. 5000/-
- While Class XI & XII students receive: Rs 6000/-
Which Minority community fall under the scheme?
Students from Muslim, Christian, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhist, and Parsis communities can apply for the begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship.
Eligibility for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship
To be eligible for the scheme you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria: –
- Only girl students eligible for the scheme and must belong to the above-mentioned six notified communities.
- The scholarship will be awarded to those girls who are studying in class from 9th to 12th.
- They must secure at least 50% marks or a grade equivalent to it in the last qualifying class.
- The annual income of the students family from all source do not exceed 2 LPA
Note: Students who are already receiving benefits of other scholarships from the State/central government are not eligible for this.
Documents required for Hazrat mahal Scholarship
Before submitting Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship application online applicant need to keep some of their documents as listed below: –
- School verification form
- Income certificate of the family (should not exceed the amount of Rs 2 lakh from all sources)
- Self Declaration
- Aadhaar card Photograph
- Mark sheet
- Bank details
Note: Documents should be either in Hindi or English
How to apply for Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2021?
- Visit http://www.maef.nic.in/ Official portal
- On the home page select the New Registration Link
- Instruction related to the scheme appears on your screen
- Tap on continue with registration Link
- Fill the application form with all required details
- Submit the form and proceed further.
- For any technical error, applicant may contact the authority at 011-23583788/89 or also mail them at email@example.com
There is no registration fee for the scholarship registration or any service in this regard.
Check Application Status
After applying online for the Hazrat mahal scholarship students can check their submitted application status online through below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official portal first
- Select Application Status under the registration Link section
- On a new page, select the class you have applied for
- Identification details viz. aadhaar card/ Bank Account Number, or Registration number
- Enter captcha code
- Upon submitting your application will be on your screen.
Selection procedure for the scholarship
- Candidate’s selection for begum Hazrat Mahal is based on the percentage of marks in the qualifying exam and the income of the family.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secure in the qualifying exam
- State-wise minority quota is fixed for the state on the basis of population.
Renewal of Scholarship
No renewal process is applicable so applicants need to apply afresh for each class.
Amount disbursal mode
Once shortlisted for the scholarship the amount of the scholarship will be credited directly into the account of the beneficiary via DBT mode. Any other mode of payment is not permissible.
How to revive Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
If the disbursal of the scholarship is discontinued by following the rules of disbursal then it cannot be revived under any condition.
Scholarship Cancellation criterias
- If any gap in academic studies is found due to any reason then the awarded scholarship will be canceled or suspended.
- All applications must reach within the allotted time frame. Hence, no claim will be entertained on failing to do so.
- If documents produced by the application are found to be false then the scholarship will be suspended and the benefits shall be recovered at the discretion of the State/UT government.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship Link
|Online Application||Visit here|
|Application Status||Check here|
|Scholarship brochure||Check here|
|Official Portal||Click here|
For session 2020-21 Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship last date is 31st Oct 2020
|Online Registration Date||Sep/Oct 2021 (Tentative)|
|Final Submission with Documents||Oct 2021 (Tentative)|
Students may clear their further queries by connecting with the officials at
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Who is eligible for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
Meritorious students of notified communities who secure at least 50% mark in their qualifying examination.
What should be the annual income of the family to be eligible for scholarship?
From all sources, the family income should not exceed Rs 2 lakh.
How many students of a single-family can apply for the scholarship?
No more than two students from a single family of the same class.
Are Boys eligible for the Begum Hazrat mahal national scholarship?
No, only girl children are eligible.
How I can apply for the Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship?
Once the application window opens then the eligible candidates may submit their application online at maef.nic.in
Is there any application fee for scholarship?
No students are not required to pay any fee for registration or for any service.