DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 (Extended) : Apply for 167 scientist recruitment 2020

DRDO RAC 2020 recruitment: DRDO RAC (recruitment & assessment Centre) has invited the online application from the interested candidates for the recruitment of 167 candidates for the post of Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO. The pay scale for the post is approximately INR 80,000/- per month.

The online application process for the post will commence from 22 May 2020 on the RAC official website and it will be available till 10th July 2020 Extended to 17th August 2020. If you are interested in the recruitment then do check the other details like education qualification, selection procedure, application fee and other important details which we have furnished below.

Note: Last date to apply online for DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 has been extended now candidates can apply for the post till 17th August (check extended notice below)


DRDO RAC recruitment 2020: Overview

Exam conducting authorityDRDO-RAC
Name of the postScientist ‘B’
Number of posts167
Advertisement Number137
Last date of online application10th July 2020 (17th August 2020)
Uploading essential documents last date12.10.2020
Application feeRs 100/- for UR/OBC/EWS
Selection processDescriptive exam/gate score & personal interview
Pay-scaleRs 80,000/-
Education qualificationBachelor/Master Degree with GATE score
Official website Click here

DRDO RAC recruitment 2020| Qualification criteria


Only the Indian national can apply for the post.

Age criteria

  • UR/EWS: 28 years
  • OBC (non-creamy layer): 31 years
  • SC/ST: 33 years

Education qualification

If you are among those candidates who have appeared or going to appear in the final examination and expect that you may achieve the first class, can apply for the post but they need to submit their degree/ provisional degree by 31 August 2020

Below we have given the Education qualification for each discipline and their selection procedure and the number of posts for them.


The recruitment in this subject and discipline will be based on the valid score of GATE, descriptive examination, and Personal Interview

Subject/ disciplineEssential QualificationNumber of posts
Electronics & Comm. Eng.Bachelor Degree in Eng./ Technology in Electronics & Communication Eng. in first class37
Mechanical Eng.Bachelor Degree in Eng./technology in Mechanical Eng. from recognized University in first class35
Computer science & Eng.Bachelor Degree in Eng./ technology in computer science31

Note: Candidates applying for the above discipline must have a valid gate score and Minimum 80% aggregate marks in EQ degree if completed from IIT or NIT


 In part discipline, the recruitment will be done based on GATE score and personal interview

Subject/ disciplineEssential Qualification (EQ)Number of posts
Electrical Eng.Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in Electrical Eng.12
Material Science & Eng./Metallurgical Eng.Bachelor degree in Eng. or technology in metallurgy in first class10
PhysicsMaster degree in Physics8
ChemistryMaster degree in Chemistry7
Chemical Eng.Bachelor degree in Eng./ technology in chemical Eng. in first class6
Aeronautical Eng.Bachelor degree in Eng./ technology in Aeronautical Eng. with first class4
MathematicsMaster degree in Mathematics with first class4
Civil Eng.Bachelor Degree in Eng./ technology in Civil Eng. with first class3

Note: In all disciplines mentioned in Part-II applicants must have a valid score card of GATE and all qualification will be completed from a recognized university.


In this part, the recruitment will be done on the aggregate percentage of marks in NET and Personal Interview

Subject/ disciplineEssential QualificationNumber of posts
PsychologyMaster degree in psychology in first class Qualified the NET exam10

Note: Those candidates who are going to appear in the NET examination for June 2020 may also submit their application but they must produce their NET score within the 15 days of declaration of the NET result.

Other points related to qualification

If some of you have completed their EQ degree from foreign universities then such candidates need to obtain an equivalence certificate from ‘Association of Indian Universities, Delhi’ and submit the same on or before 31 August 2020

If universities did not have the criteria of first-class or equivalent to it than the 60% marks will be treated as first-class and CGPA/CPI of 6.75 will be considered as 60%.

Application fee for DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020

  • UR/EWS/OBC (male): 100/-
  • SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates: NIL

Selection Procedure for DRDO RAC scientist recruitment 2020

The selection procedure for the DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 will first go through the Screening/shortlisting

Under Part I: The Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for Descriptive examination which will be based on the GATE score in the ratio of 1:25 and…

  • Those IIT and NIT graduate with a minimum of 80% in EQ will be called for descriptive Examination
  • And those who will be shortlisted in the descriptive examination will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:25

Under part II: eligible candidates shortlisted for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:5.

Under part III: the eligible candidate will be shortlisted for Personal interview who have at least qualified for Assistant professor, and based on the aggregate marks secure in the NET they will be selected in 1:5 ratio.

Descriptive examination scheme

  • This test is only for the candidates applying for Part I disciplines
  • The test will consist of two papers
  • And both papers will have 300 marks each
  • The descriptive examination will be held in October 2020

Steps to apply for DRDO RAC Scientist B recruitment 2020

The online application form will be available on the RAC website so the interested candidate needs to visit that first whose link is given below and after that follow the procedure given below:

  • On the home page of the portal, you may find the direct link of the online application you need to click the same.
  • After that, the registration window will open where candidates need to register first
  • And on successful registration, you need to log in with the registration id you received.
  • Fill the application form appears to you and…
  • Upload the requisite documents which we have mention below
  • After that applicants need to submit the application fee (if applicable)
  • Now submit the application form and take a print out of for reference.

To apply online for DRDO RAC Recruitment: Click here

Document require to upload

  • Applicants need to upload some of their self-attested documents which we have listed below:
  • Proof of birth (matriculation certificate/birth certificate)
  • Essential qualification degree and their mark sheet

DRDO RAC recruitment 2020| other points

  • The application link will be available on the RAC website
  • If any of the applicant’s application is not locked or finalized by them then their application will be automatically rejected
  • Once the application submitted then no changes in the application will be made.
  • Those who belong to the OBC/EWS category need to submit their category certificate
  • The admit card for descriptive test for the part I applicants will be available on the RAC website
  • Whereas the admit card for a personal interview will also be available by the department on their official website.

Personal Interview

Those who have been shortlisted in their respective discipline will be called for personal interview which will be held in Delhi.

Weightage in the final selection procedure

In the final selection procedure, the weightage for selection will be given according to the discipline you appeared for such as:

  • Part I: for final selection, 80% weightage will be given to the marks secure un descriptive examination and the remaining 20% part will be of personal interview
  • Part II: the final selection 80% weightage will be given to the GATE score and the remaining 20% to the personal interview score
  • Part III: for selection 80% weightage given to the NET score and 20% to the personal interview

DRDO RAC recruitment 2020: Contact details

If you have any query related to the recruitment you may ask the official authority on the given number and Email Id

Call: 011-23830599

Email ID: pro@recruitment.drdo.in

Download the official notification

DRDO MTS admit card Download

Frequently asked questions

How many posts are there in DRDO RAC scientist B 2020 recruitment?


What is the last date for an online application?

online application last date was extended to 17th August 2020.

What is the application fee for registration?

Candidates of UR/EWS/OBC category need to pay Rs 100/- while other SC/ST/PWD and females of all categories don’t need to pay.

What is the pay scale for DRDO scientist B?

Rs. 80,000/- per month

Leave a Comment