WB Student Credit Card Scheme: As promised in the manifesto WB Government has launched the WB Students credit card scheme for their students. With the help of this student credit card, students may apply for a soft loan of up to 10 lakh rupees so that they can pursue their higher studies. Any domicile resident who is living in WB for the last 10 years is eligible to apply for this credit card. For more information related to the West Bengal Student credit card scheme read the article given here.
Latest: Student may now submit their application for Student Credit Card Scheme whose process and link is given below.
West Bengal Student Credit Card
So many times we get to know that students had to left their higher studies due to financial problems and after contemplating this the WB government has promised their citizens if they formed government in the 2021 election then they will come up with a Student credit card scheme through which such students can apply for a loan for their higher studies and they can complete their higher education.
WB Student Credit card scheme: Overview
|Article About||WB Students credit card scheme|
|Beneficiary||States students who want to pursue higher education|
|Courses covered||Any UG, PG, Doctoral, and post-doctoral courses|
|Loan Amount||10 lakh|
|Loan Repayment||After 15 years of getting a job|
|Mode of application||Online|
What are the benefits of WB Student credit card scheme?
- The first and foremost benefit of the scheme is that students may now continue their higher studies irrespective of financial crunch.
- A maximum of 10 lakh rupees loan would be sanctioned under this scheme depending on the course you pursue.
- You are not required to repay the loan immediately once you complete your studies.
- this scheme comes with a duration of 15 years of the loan repayment after getting a job.
- Students are required to pay an interest of 4% under this scheme.
All you need to know about WB Student credit card scheme
- This student credit card will have a limit of Rs 10 lakh
- the interest rate applicable for this will be 4% with easy repayment options.
- One who resides for the last 10 years in the state may apply for this card.
- Students studying in 10th or above are eligible to apply for this credit card.
- The loan amount will be available for UG, PG, doctoral and post-doctoral programs.
- Applicants can avail of this loan up to 40 years of age.
- After getting a job, 15 years time period will be provided to repay the loan amount.
- There is no income ceiling to apply for this loan.
- Students pursuing courses through distance learning are not eligible for this scheme.
- Those who are preparing for SSC/UPSC/PSC after the completion of the graduation and enrolled for coaching for the competitive exam are also eligible to apply.
- Students may submit their applications anytime during the course tenure.
- Students are not required to submit any collateral security
- A credit card is not transferable to the brother or sister of the applicant.
- There is no mark percentage required to apply for this card.
Eligibility for WB Students credit card scheme
If you are looking to apply for this credit card then you must check its eligibility first to know whether you fit into ints criteria or not: –
- Applicant must be stuydying in class 10th or above
- Applicant must be a domiciled resident of WB and living there since last 10 years.
- The maximum age of the applicant should not cross 40 years.
Documents required for WB Student Credit Card Scheme
here are the list of documents which students need to keep before they apply for the scheme: –
|Document type||Scanned Size|
|Student Colour Photograph (jpeg)||20 to 50 kb|
|Co-borrower Colour Photograph (jpeg)||20 to 50 kb|
|Student Signature (jpeg)||10 to 50 kb|
|Guardian/Co-borrower Signature (jpeg)||10 to 50 kb|
|Student aadhaar card (PDF)||50 to 400 kb|
|10th registration certificate (in absence of aadhaar)||50 to 400 kb|
|Guardian address proof (in pdf format)||50 to 400 kb|
|Admission receipt (in pdf format)||50 to 400 kb|
|PAN Card or its undertaking in absence of PAN (PDF)||50 to 400 kb|
|Guardian PAN Card or undertaking its absence (PDF)||50 to 400 kb|
|Course fee document or its brochure (PDF)||50 to 400 kb|
How to apply for WB Student credit card scheme?
One has to follow the process given below in order to submit their application for student credit card.
Note: Before you proceed keep your documents ready as mentioned above.
Step 1: Registration
- Open the official website which is https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/
- On the home page, tap on the student registration tab
- Registration form will appear in which you need to submit your
- Basic details like name, DOB, gender, etc
- Course details like course name, institution details, etc
- Contact details like mobile number and email ID
- After submitting such details enter the password (minimum 8 characters)
- Thereafter press the register tab
- Your unique registration ID will be generated
Step 2: – Login
- Now you need to login into the portal with your login details
- Your dashboard will appear to you.
- Here, you need to press the apply loan tab
- Your complete details will appear on your screen.
- Here you can also edit any of your details submitted
- Submit your bank details
- Upload the supporting documents
- After performing all required steps press the save and next tab
- Your complete application form will appear on your screen
- Press the final submission tab if everything is found to be okay.
WB Student Credit Card Scheme Application Link
|To Register for Student Credit Card||Click here|
|Login for Student Credit Card||Click here|
|Registration Manual||Click here|
WB Student Credit Card Helpdesk
For any technical assistance, you may contact the officials at
What is the loan amount students can avail of under WB student credit card scheme?
Under the scheme, students can apply up to 10 lakh rupees loan.
Who are eligible to apply for WB Student Credit card scheme?
Only WB domiciled citizens who are living for the last 10 years in the state may apply for the loan.
What will be the interest charged under WB Student credit card scheme?
Students have to repay the loan amount with an interest rate of 4%.
What is the duration of loan repayment under WB Student credit card?
15 year duration will be given to individuals after getting a job.
What is the official website for WB Student credit card scheme registration?
Students may register for the scheme online at https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/
Do we need to upload a domicile or caster certificate in the application?
No, you are not required to upload such documents.
Do I need to send a hard copy of the submitted application form to the institution or anywhere else?
No such action is required from student once he/she submits the application form.